What is Mollio?
Mollio is a simple set of html/css templates. The aim was to create a set of page templates that use css for layout as well as some sample basic content which has also had some css applied. It's definitely a work in progress. More sample content and layouts are planned to be added. Get involved, suggest & contribute ideas via the Mollio Google Group.
So enough of the chit chat, what are you talking about?
- Type A - 1 column
- Type B - 2 columns - Main + Left hand nav
- Type C - 3 columns - Main + Left hand nav + Right Sidebar
- Type D - 2 columns - Main + Right Sidebar
- Type E - 2 columns - Main + Right hand nav
- Type F - 3 columns - Main + Right hand nav + Left Sidebar
- Styleguide (PDF)
Can I use it on my own project?
Our hope is to make Mollio templates and their derivatives as universal as possible. In order to help those creating derivative works of Mollio we've agreed to release the templates under three different licenses; Creative Commons, GPL and CPL. As a creator of a derivative work you simply need to choose the license that suits your project.
If you have no idea about licensing or want to know nothing about licensing then you are after the Creative Commons license. Essentially you can do what you like as long as you keep the attribution in the HTML - basically a link to Mollio saying where it all began.
Who made it?
Pete Ottery (pottery at daemon dot com dot au), Creative Director from a Web Development company in Sydney called Daemon.
Daemon built an open source CMS called FarCry, and Pete created this skin to use as a default install skin when creating a site. We figured the html/css would be helpful to use in its own right, so even if you are not using FarCry you might find it useful.
Is there any support or help provided?
Theres a very basic styleguide linked above which details how the page templates are structured. Beyond that, join the Mollio Google Group & ask questions.
The History of updates
- Version 1.1
- added another layout, a "type F". basically the same as Type C but the left and right columns swapped
- added partial support for Mac IE5. the css now has a set (fixed) width you can define (set at 10em in Mollio) for those top horizontal nav items. other browsers get a width:auto
- the licenses its released under have been updated. now CC, GPL & CPL. All the detail you could ever want to know is linked above.
- Mollio for Etomite CMS
Copyright © 2006 Daemon Pty Limited